Computer Build & Reasoning
I am always looking for upgrades in my computers and I figure that sharing my current setup can help others looking to build something. I build a lot of websites, work on designs, and I want to focus in on recording audio and video this year more than anything else. Knowing this upfront drove me to go Intel for this build. I have the AMD FX series rigs but I handed them down. I needed a strong workstation that renders quickly.
Goals: I want to be able to render video and audio quickly.
- Case: Cosair 750D for big airflow. $120
- Motherboard: MSI x99 Raider $140
- RAM: 32GB DDR4 Quad Channel $179
- CPU: Intel Xeon 26XX ES 10 Cores, 20 Threads (eBay) $148
- GPU: AMD 7970 3GB DDR $100
- Cooler: 100i $99
- Optical: BluRay
- SSD: Samsung 960 m.2 NVME Gen 3 x4 $250
- Power Supply: Senty 1000w Modular $99
- Network Card: Gigabyte W $30
Total Cost: $XXXX
These parts go up and down and I tried picking up all the parts on special. I spend a lot of time during the year preparing for Cyber Monday for great deals. I also frequent Reddit BuildaPCSales to find the best deals possible
There are parts I want but don’t have at the moment. These are my wishes:
- GPU: GTX 1080 8GB
- CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x or 20 Cores/40 Threads
Building a PC is not something I do lightly. I research my parts, watch endless reviews and if I really want it, I just grab it.